Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can you hack the Motorola DVR from charter?

Charter communication, the worst experience at costumer service in my life, has provided me with a Motorola-





http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/bmc901鈥?/a>





DVR box but ALL the digital transfer outputs are disabled. USB 1 %26amp; 2 as well as the eathernet adaptor. When I called for an expplanation I was told rudely that Charter "Was not in the biz of pirating programing!". Yes, she raised her voice.





Any info on enabling the ports or is it a MOXI software issue?





Now, if I wanted to transfer programing I recorded to a portable device, I would need to build a MythTV box.|||Dont know about that model specifically but Head over to http://dealdatabase.com/forum/ . If its doable the info will be there. Word of warning, they are not very newbie friendly so spend a few hours reading before you even consider asking a question.|||I think it's based on firmware. When I first got my DVR, nothing was enabled and then one day, I suddenly had everything enabled plus more games and features. Try contacting customer support via chat or email on charter.com. I have alwasy got more help from the web chats and email than the reps on the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment