Monday, December 19, 2011

CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS AND WARCRAFT?

any charter communications customers been able to connect to World of Warcraft|||It seems that Charter Communications, is intercepting DNS request and making it (the DNS request) go through their DNS Servers (Charter Communications). Well... that's been going on for a while now. What happened is that someone used the DoxPara test page and they found their DNS server was vulnerable to DNS cache poisoning, with all the requests being sent out over a single port. That's not acceptable. So their engineers did something today to help with their vulnerability. Well... not only did it not help with the vulnerability, it's now conflicting with DNS requests with WoW.





As an aside, the only reason why Charter would be doing this is basically to spy on everyone. They will know exactly what you are look at and what you buy, even critical information that is not entirely illegal to gather.|||Not me! :( I was on at 5:30pm EST today but at 7:00pm I could not get back on. My brother lives 1 hour away, has Comcast, and he was able to logon to my account no problem. So it's a problem with Charter. I called Blizzard and they said it's a charter problem. Charter says it's my router... BS I can access al other sites. I'm POed.|||I haven't been able to connect since a little after 4pm (EST) and I'm here in Michigan using Charter. It's pretty frustrating :(

No comments:

Post a Comment