Saturday, December 24, 2011

How to connect my wii to the internet?

I only have a DESKTOP computer, and high speed internet through Charter Communications that's hooked up through a modem that I rent from the company. What do I need to get in order to hook up the internet to my wii?? Is there anyway I can get a wireless connection? What do I need to buy?|||First of all, I would get a router. Connect your modem to that router, and set it up. After you've named your wireless connection and set up the encryption, go turn on the wii and go to internet connections. Select add wireless connection, and select yours. Enter the encryption, let the wii run some tests and your good to go =) .





Here's the router that I reccomend:





http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B鈥?/a>





P.S. Choose the one from buy.com|||Your simplest solution is the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector:





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Wi-Fi_USB_Connector





They sell those at any game store and it allows you to connect the Wii via your PC... assuming you run Windows.





If it were me though (I don't run Windows at home) then I would buy a wireless router and set it up to connect to the modem. It costs more and requires effort though.

No comments:

Post a Comment