Saturday, December 24, 2011

I got a warning from Charter Communications today?

The letter said I've downloaded illegal files (i.e movies such as Medea Goes to Jail and Deja Vu). But, I haven't EVER downloaded any movie files. I'm confused? I went through all my files, and didn't find a single video file. The music files were songs from CDs I bought from stores and uploaded them to the computer. I had some music sharing softwares installed, but I'd never used most of them. I deleted those.


Still, why would I get a warning if I haven't downloaded those movies?|||Are you using a router? If yes is it secure?





If it is not secure neighbors could be using your internet service/IP address.|||RIAA and MPAA do file sharing sweeps, they have agents attempting to download copyrigthed files on most P2P networks, when they find one available for download, they record the IP address of the sharing computer, the problem with this method is that most high speed users normally have dynamic IP addresses, that is, numbers that change and are reused by different subscribers. someone that at one point had those files was detected but when charter recieved the infringement notice, the IP number had been randomly assigned to you. if you have never shared those files you can just disregard the warnings.|||Ive never heard of a company mistaking someone of downloading a torrent but either you did or your husband/roommate/kid/whatever did or if you have wireless internet and its unsecured someone could have gotten on and downloaded it using your connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment