Saturday, December 24, 2011

Who can help me if I feel I'm being worked over by my cable company, Charter Communications?

I've paid my bills every month and they're telling me that I owe for the month of April even though they never mentioned anything about in May when I paid my bill? Basically, what should be a $115 bill is now $312 and I can't get a straight answer as to why. I feel the operators (working from a phone center in the Phillippines) were taking advantage of the language barrier by throwing A LOT of numbers at me and then acting confused when asked a simple question. Who can I talk to, to get a straight answer?|||First of all, if you paid the bill in April, you should have some evidence of that.





When you call customer service, say very nicely that you want to speak with someone who has English as a first language. Apologize and say that you are having problems understanding what is being said.





Get someone on the phone and get an address or fax where you can send the evidence that you did indeed pay the bill in April.





If that doesn't work, call Charter and go through the system like you are a brand new customer looking to set up new service. Get a supervisor on the phone and state that you ARE a customer who is getting jerked around by customer service and that you want some assistance to resolve the matter once and for all.





If that doesn't work, get in the phonebook in the blue pages in the center of the book. Look under the State listings and contact the State Attorney General Office of Consumer Affairs. There should be a local or an 800 number. They will send you a complaint form that you complete and return, then they will contact Charter on your behalf.





Most businesses HATE to hear from the Attorney General and will speedily resolve the matter to put it to rest.|||It might help to go to the local office. Just show up with all your documentation. the one here in Reno is on Prototype Dr.


They might not have a phone any more since the Phillipine thing.|||Same thing happened to me here in the Philippines, but I keep my receipt and after taking it to the company they adjusted my bill accordingly. Boy is cable that high in U.S. my bill monthly is about $10.00, I get all the premium chs plus about 70 other. I also know what you mean about those 1-800 numbers, when I call my bank in U.S. I get India, and I can not understand those clerks English there, so I changed over to Credit Union who answer their own phone. No more big companies for me. Keep those receipts. If they want give satisfaction go the the Better Business Bureau and complain, if that dont work threaten to take them to court with a lawyer (that works here in the Philippines).

No comments:

Post a Comment