Saturday, December 24, 2011

Charter communications modem turns off then turns on randomly ?

I connect to a wireless network from my home router. It's been working fine for


a long time but for a past few days it's been acting up.





My internet will work for 2 or 3 minutes, and then I'll lose the connection.





When I try to diagnose I'll get an error message "A cable is not plugged into the


network adapter "Local Area Connection".





If I go back to the router, unplug it then plug it back in, it'll work for a few


minutes and then go out again.





I use Charter internet, and a Netgear Cable Modem Gateway CG814GCMR.





Pleeeease help. I already tried replacing my hardware with a new router, it didn't work. I also switched the ethernet cords with another one, that didn't work either. But the hardware change DID make the internet last in longer intervals. Now it cuts off every few hours.|||It is your modem, not your router or ethernet cables. Call Charter and demand they replace it for free since it is faulty and if they say that won't replace it because it is a router problem then tell them to send someone out to verify it. Your modem is faulty and isn't able to keep a steady incoming/outgoing connection with the server and keep you on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment