Saturday, December 24, 2011

If I call my ISP, will they change my IP address upon request (I have Charter Communications)?

Although I have a dynamic IP address, I've had this same IP address for at least a year. It won't change...I've tried every "home" methods to change it...from resetting my router to going to Comman Prompt.





Anyway, I have Charter and I don't think I can do anything about this IP address because it is assigned to me from something called a DHCP (sorry, I'm just learning this now, so I don't know really what I'm talking about here).





I got a new online job recently...and they checked my IP address to be free of any Spam Blacklists and they found me guilty of one called a DNSbl (I think) and they said that in order to work for them, I have to be 100% clean off of any blacklists. I suspect that this has been the working of my neighbor who has been using my internet (it's unsecured) to do sketchy things.





I am going to secure my wireless internet as soon as possible, but do you think the ISP will do their part and change my internet IP address?|||Charter is unable to change your IP address. That is very odd that it hasn't changed since it should be changing all the time. They can however tell you how many IP's are connecting to you modem; there should only be one. I would definitely make your wireless secured ASAP if you suspect someone stealing internet from you.|||Being of any spam blacklists is a superior idea

No comments:

Post a Comment