Monday, December 19, 2011

Charter Communications - I have a "beef" - do you?

I am in the Los Angeles area and as a long time Charter customer continue to have a series of problems - are you a customer also? Can you relate to to any of these issues? Did you find any solutions?





*Picture breaks up into little squares and freezes, several times per day


*Video and sound are out of "sync" on some channels


*24 month price guarantee on the Bundle only save me $16 month


*Cable, internet and phone can all go out together - from time to time


*Cable box is slow to change channels, it seems


*Customer service moved outside the USA





There may be more issues but I can't remember them all. Many thanks.|||I'm in Long Beach and really like Charter from 1998 when I first got it until about 2006...


Then they went down hill and I was SO GLAD when FIOS moved in.


It's been a few years now but if I had had another option, I would have moved to another service (can't use satelite in my place)





The customer service was horrible. No authority to make any decisions/provide discount for bad service. CS was in Singapore and the VIOP phone lines were horrible; you could barely hear the person with all the static on the lines.





FIOS has had it's own problems. For the first 12+ months I never received a correct bill. But they were easy to work with and constantly giving me free stuff to make up for the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment