Monday, December 19, 2011

Charter Communications refused to give me what they promised me. What can I do?

I got a notice on my door from Charter Communications saying that I was receiving a signal and they would come out and cut it off. Feeling as if I was being accused of stealing cable when I had only a converter box and antenna, I marched down to the Charter guys and told them I have only a converter box and don't like being accused of stealing cable. The man said to relax and that he wasn't accusing us of stealing cable. Then, he tried to talk us into getting Charter installed. We told we didn't know that Charter was kinda expensive compared to other options and the man then proceed that if we took Charter, he'd give us a free month of cable to start us off. So, that reason I decided to take Charter instead of weighing my options. I then got my bill in the mail and I was billed for the first month (in advance). I was pissed that I was lied to (false advertisement) and so I went online to Charter. The woman on there apologized and said there was only so much that Online Support could do and gave me a number to call. So I called the number and they refused to do anything about the false promise they made me to get me to take their cable. She said there was nothing they could do. When a company makes a promise, they have to carry through with it. I was lied to, tricked, and deceived by a company so close to going under, apparently they're desperate to get customers no matter how big of a lie they have to tell to get them. It's false advertisement and fraud, which is against the law but when they told them that, it did no good. We just got stuck on hold for like ten minutes. I'm reporting Charter to The Better Business Bureau for fraud. And, I plan to take legal action. Just not sure how to go about it. So what should I do to get Charter to either give me what I promised or take legal action?|||just stop whining about legal action. they likely have to bill you a deposit month....give them one more month to straighten it out|||You're going to spend thousands (or more) in legal fees over $75 worth of cable? Yeah, sure.


It is neither false advertisement (there was no advertisement, genius) nor is it fraud (which YOU would have to prove). Calm down. The company is not bound by what some idiot salesman says as you have no proof. They probably think you're trying to get something free. If you don't like it cancel the service and stop the legal threats...it's embarassing.


The moral of the story: Get it in writing.|||You can cancel your service. As for the free month, unless you can prove he said it, you're stuck paying for it. As for taking legal action, you'll lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment