Monday, December 19, 2011

Charter Communications broadband slowness?

My Charter Broadband service slowed to a dial-up-like crawl last month. After much useless telephone support and swapping out my router I determined that my leased modem was broken. The telephone technician said that these thing happen because I leave it on all the time and it "gets hot." (With a broken modem I would think my problems would not intermittent though) I went to Best Buy and bought a Motorola modem and I was back in business. Now, it's happening again. Did my new modem get too hot?? Does anybody else have intermittent problems with Charter Broadband speeds going way down? Is there a way to tell if it's a system problem before doing a bunch of troubleshooting? Does anybody really turn off their modem when they're not using it?|||I would check for viruses and adware/spyware on your PC. Try malwarebytes or spybot and do a scan.





Overheating is a problem in alot of places we have serviced, but usually the internet stops responding all together not just slow down.





With the lights on your modem, if you see a constant "Send" light when your not doing anything on the computer I would be concerned.





Good Luck!|||I have Charter Broadband as well and I had that same problem. One modem I could fix temporarily by reseting it (turn it off, unplug it and then plug it back in). But even that quit working. I went through 2 modems and ever since then I always turn it off when not in use. I haven't had any problems since. Not sure if this is much help but it worked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment