Saturday, December 10, 2011

Charter Communications: Renting movies and sharing it with multiple receivers in the house?

Since this is my first time renting a movie with more than one Cable box. I wanted to know if I paid for a movie, could I watch that same movie on my other receiver too?|||That's kind of a variable. If you mean an On Demand movie that you paid for (from say Channel 1 or Channel 999 in most Charter areas), then the answer would be 'yes, but not at the same time'. I usually start a movie on one box, stop it, then move to another box to finish it.





If you're talking about pay-per-view movies, then you can watch it on multiple boxes at the same time- as long as the order (using the remote or over the phone) is for multiple boxes. There's no difference in the charge for one box or a dozen boxes, but it's something that has to be specified at time of order.





The main thing is that your mileage WILL vary. Not 'may' vary, WILL vary. If you're talking about On Demand, I'd say try it with a free movie first- if nothing else because you don't want to pay money and get an error code. If it works, then you're in luck.. for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment