Saturday, December 10, 2011

Does Charter communications have a monopoly on the North Texas region?

I'm looking to use someone else for my cable and internet. I've been really really unhappy with Charter. Who can I use in Denton, TX? It seems that no one else offers in my area. Is this common?|||I've worked in cable for 6 years and unfortunately the answer to your question is no. Your city franchising authority votes every few years whether or not to renew an expiring agreement with the cable provider in your area. If there are massive problems with the service throughout your town/city, the franchise authority can vote to allow an "overbuilder", which is another cable company. This rarely happens. Your best bet is to continue complaining to Charter and to your city council to see if they can hold Charter to a certain level of service excellence.|||Check with AT%26amp;T / Yahoo and Verizon for their DSL service, see if they cover your area.





Also you could always go with satellite for tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment